Due to Governor’s order Stay Home, Save Lives, HSCO will be making the following changes effective Tuesday, March 23rd :
- HSCO Thrift Store & Bend Spay Neuter Clinic Temporarily Closed until further notice
- HSCO Animal Shelter Reduced Hours Monday – Saturday 10a to 3p
- Adoptions by appointment only. Call HSCO at 541.382.3537 for information regarding an animal and to make an appointment. Pets available for adoption can be found at www.hsco.org.
- All stray dogs are required to be brought in by the Bend Police Department or Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office. If you have a stray in your custody please call non-emergency dispatch at 693.6911.
- Stray animals will be reunited with their families by appointment. Animals with identification will be contacted by staff. Strays can be viewed at hsco.org/strays/. Staff will be taking lost and found reports via phone.
- All other animal intake will be individually assessed and prioritized by human and animal need. All intake requires an appointment. Please call HSCO (541.382.3537) to provide information on your specific needs.
- HOPE Food Bank recipients for supplemental pet food will require an appointment.
- HSCO’s Cremation Services are running normally for our clients and appointments are necessary for cremations for the public.
- The shelter doors will be closed to the general public. Staff will be answering phones and email Monday through Saturday 10am to 3pm
- Donations can be dropped off at the shelter. Secure donations can be made online at hsco.org.
Get In Touch
- Monday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Tuesday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Wednesday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Thursday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Friday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday Open all day